Saturday, July 28, 2012

Summer Fun

Videos with Grandparents

I discovered a few videos from on earlier grandparent visit that I needed to add because they are oh so cute! Each one is pretty fun to watch but there are probably the most smiles in the third one.

Singing Tihara Tihara with my mom

Airplane ride with Grandpa. There are a lot of crashes.

Exciting songs with Grandpa


Swimming with Grandpa

We have been having a blast swimming with Bradley, each time he gets more active. And we dunk him underwater twice so he'll be used to it. Here is he swimming with his mommy and daddy and grandpa while Grandma takes pictures!

Bradley may be swimming but he still loves the camera

My dad and Nathan let me hold my child! Quick, take a picture!
Scott family photo ... plus my dad
I think our faces say it all in this picture
I love love LOVE Bradley's face in this picture!

Everybody loves the baby!

Scott family swim time. Wow, Bradley looks like his daddy.
We love his hooded bath towels. This is a Tigger one.


Never wake a sleeping baby

Nathan and I are still figuring out some of this parenting stuff, as seen below. We wake up the zonked out baby so he can eat one last time before going to bed. He was ... displeased. It's funny how hard it is to wake him up when he's truly down for the night. We should have known better. Still, it makes for a cute video. Worth it!
Sometimes blogger likes to add my iPhone photos sideways. I will sort this out later ...



And the video below is from earlier in the day. At first he's very distracted by my phone that I'm using to record him, but about 1:30 in he gets very chatty. This is immediately after a difficult conversation on the phone with my sister. Difficult because I couldn't hear her half the time. Bradley wanted to be held the entire time I was on the phone and was happily trying to chat with his Auntie Laura.


Baby Firsts

First time being up on daddy's shoulders. Definitely not the last.

First time being awake at Top Pot. Definitely not the last time I take this kid out for doughnuts.
Sitting on Serena's lap! Serena is expecting, we can't wait to meet Bradley's new friend in February!

A Few Sweet Pictures


We walk Greenlake every Tuesday before our parenting group meets in the evening. Here we are waiting to meet a friend. Bradley is so stinkin cute, he loves playing with his sun hat.

And here are a few adorable pictures from his changing table. He's such a cheery, smiley guy. And I love putting him in outfits where his belly hangs out.


Bradley is very happy I stopped being overprotective with him in his exersaucer and finally took away his buffer blanket so he could grab at the toys.


 

Swimming with Friends


We had the BEST time going swimming with some of Bradley's friends from our PEPS parenting group. This was my first time going to the pool without Nathan ... and it was wonderful. I finally didn't have to share Bradley. (Yes, we are planning on a second child in the not too distant future. Bradley would be the most spoiled only child ever).

Bradley also loves swimming with other kids, he loves looking at faces. The one sure way to make this kid smile is to hold him so he can look in another baby's face.

We all dunked the babies underwater and no one cried, I call this swimming success! We can't wait to go with friends again! It's very interesting how different each of the babies are when it comes to being in the water. The little girl was yawning, one of the boys was a little nervous, and the other boy was acting like he had finally come home. Also, Bradley is the only one whose nose and eyes turn a little pink when he goes underwater. I apologize, Bradley, that's from my side of the family.

Four sweet babies in a row. Bradley is far right in his new suit.

I love swimming with my boy!

The aftermath. He slept so hard after swimming and playing with friends.

Layla wants everyone to know she was exhausted as well, Bradley isn't the only one who gets tired around here!


I haven't written much about our parenting group, PEPS (Program for Early Parenting Support) but we're so glad we've joined and we've met some really nice couples. There are seven other couples with infants within a month or two of Bradley's age. We've been meeting every week since the end of May and we're going to continue to meet over the course of the next year or so. Nathan and I don't have too many local friends with kids so it's been invaluable to have other people in the same situation as us to get to talk to about sleepless nights and exciting mini milestones.

There may be quite a few pictures of Bradley playing with his new friends in the coming months. Baby play dates are one of things I'm most excited about as Bradley gets older!

No comments:

Post a Comment