Thursday, July 5, 2012

Pink House Weekend

We've had an eventful week or so since the last blog post! Bradley got a lot of family time, picked up delightful new games, and gave us a teething scare. We are very happy that he's not teething yet but after all the wonderful advice I received I'm now more scared than ever of the teething ahead of us. Is the whiskey for us or the child? No one will give me a straight answer.

Engineer in Training

Bradley has become quite the help around the house now that he's bigger, here he is helping his daddy with some engineering work. Vacuum cleaner with mommy next!
Not sure how productive Nathan was while Bradley was "helping" him.

Bradley LOVES His Daddy

We call this the Hi Game. I don't know who loves it more, Bradley or his daddy. It is amazingly precious to watch.


Great Grandparent Visit!

Bradley loves it when his Great Grandma and Grandpa King visit, even when it's during nap time. Here he is, getting put to sleep by his loving grandparents.
Perhaps smiling at him and talking to him will lull him back to sleep.

Surely this will help him go to sleep.
As you can see, great grandparents may have other priorities besides baby sleep time. Of course, I may not be much better when it comes to chatting up the baby when he's supposed to be asleep. As soon as he smiles at me I am putty in his hands. I like to tell myself that by rewarding him whenever he smiles I am teaching him good life habits. Be a happy friendly boy and people will do nice things for you!


Pink House Weekend

We had a lovely time with Nathan's family from Idaho over the weekend. We went to our favorite beach house courtesy of a friend of mine (thank you Costellos!) and had the chance to do a lot of baby bonding.

Grandma Kati showed Bradley his new baby gym

Bradley is a very analytical child, we can already tell he's a deep thinker.
He loved spending time with his Grandma and Grandpa but sometimes it can be tough to be so popular
Why must I be your primary source of entertainment?

Baby needs a nap break!
But the best thing about this weekend as far as Nathan and I are concerned has to be how happy and engaged Bradley was during his Hi Game time. He literally sat on Nathan's tummy and hollered back and forth with him for a half hour one night. The whole family just sat and watched. We don't watch tv anymore, we watch Bradley!


We're REALLY happy that Bradley is still at the stage where we can pass him off to anyone and unless he's tired and fussy he's fine with it. And he's a bit of a flirt so that's a bonus.

Hello, pretty lady!
He always knows where the camera is. What a good boy.
I'm very happy that Bradley doesn't mind posing for pictures. Yet. I hope to get him so used to pictures that he doesn't question it later in life. Wish me luck.



Love this picture of the grandparents fussing over him.
I ADORE this picture of Nathan and Bradley together. Nathan is so dreamy. I feel so fortunate to have ended up with someone who is so good with kids and also has killer blue eyes. We're passing on those blue eyes, so help me. We're having kids until we have a girl and until one of the children gets Nathan's blue eyes. Not to say that we're not over the moon about our brown eyed boy. We keep saying that we don't know how we could have done better than Bradley. We need to have more than one child just so he doesn't get completely smothered in parental affection.
My favorite two faces!


We had a good time talking about how we can trace Bradley's crazy cowlicks back two generations. Oh Grandpa Dan, what a legacy to pass on.

Another favorite picture from the weekend.

Note my sympathetic face. I've found that if I smile at Bradley while he's upset, he cries more. Kind of like, how DARE you make light of my pain!
Action shot of mothering


Here are a couple photos of the Pink House living room setup. We love this place so much. The room has big windows that look out on the beach so even when it's July and there is horrible weather, you can at least feel like you're getting some nature time.


Auntie Abby showing Bradley what I call his TV. It's a Baby Einstein toy that plays music and lights up and he will stare at it for as long as we'll hold it up for him.

Auntie Anna holding the sleeping angel.

We had a great time at our friends Beth and Willie Kercher's wedding, Nathan earns huge parenting points for managing to swaddle and put to sleep a baby in complete silence during the ceremony. Nice work, daddy!
Studs
Bradley loves kisses from Mommy!
The Scott Family. We clean up nice.
After the wedding, Bradley decided to go a little more casual when we got back to Pink House.


Have I mentioned how much he loves Hi Game with Daddy?




This is a favorite photo as well. I think Grandpa Dan took this photo. Nicely done!

Nap time! Nathan did not fall asleep for this one. Only because he chose the worst napping chair ever.

Waiting for the ferry on the way home. Nathan got a lot of good baby time on this trip, makes everyone very happy.

Okay, this was basically the blog post of Nathan with baby. Which is nice, because there's a lot of Nathan with baby time. He works hard to make that happen, it's not easy with work sometimes. This is also the blog post where I get all mushy about my sweet husband. He really is a wonderful husband and father. Both Bradley and I are lucky to have him!

No comments:

Post a Comment