Saturday, July 14, 2012

No More Pacifier ... just kidding

So the tale of this last week is how Nathan and I thought we were hardcore awesome parents and were going to wean our child off his pacifier at just over three months old. We made it almost five days, which I think is rather impressive. But then after a long day with a few marathon crying sessions, I gave in. Nathan was fortunate to receive a number of text messages from me with my feelings on the matter.

4:40pm - Bradley won't stop crying. Not a good afternoon.
5:04pm - Tomorrow I'm recording all of his crying and you get to listen to it when you get home. I want the pacifier back.
5:05pm - Because it's been 45 min straight with no sign of stopping. That's in addition to the meltdown this morning.
5:20pm - We're at the one hour mark. Except it's screaming now. This is so frickin stupid. I'm getting the pacifier.

And then I went and got the pacifier. Nathan was very kind and supportive when he got home, he's a wise wise man.

There are zero pictures from these days, there is just sorrow. Now the pacifier is back and everyone is happy!





Love this video of Bradley working on eating his fingers. This kid is cute always.

 Kitties and Baby

The kitties are settling into having a baby around, Sookie in particular seems to enjoy when I hold Bradley through one of his naps. There isn't a ton of room between me and Bradley here but where there's a will there's a way.

 And here is photographic proof of how easygoing our kitties are, even Meg. Picture on the right is high fashion.

Meg better be easygoing, she still comes into the room yowling for affection whenever I'm trying to put the sleepy baby down for his nap. But at least he can sleep through it? He slept through the very loud thunderstorm yesterday, he truly is my child.

Costco

Nathan and I showed remarkable restraint with our trip to Costco today and didn't get this for Bradley.  That's a grandparent job, my job is to roll my eyes and make comments about where we're going to put it. And then use it for many photo ops with the child, because it's AMAZING!


However, we did purchase season 1 and 2 of Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers and a Disney movie for Bradley. Sigh. This counts as planning for the future, right? Kind of like a college fund? I think it must. Go team NABS! (Nathan Anne Bradley Scott)

No comments:

Post a Comment