Friday, May 18, 2012

Mother's Day

Mother's Day Celebration

Our little family had a wonderful first official Mother's Day together! I was treated to an overwhelming amount of breakfast foods, the remnant of which went towards making 16 medium sized burritos. Daddy does breakfast right. 

Family picture time!
My parents and little brother came down for the afternoon, which was quite fun. Daniel got to meet his nephew for the first time! Bradley loves to cuddle with his Uncle Daniel!


I think Bradley was moving around a bit here and grunting.

Grandma and Grandpa had a fun time helping give the baby his bath! Bradley loves bath time so much, it's pretty cute. He never fusses until we take him out of the water.


And the kittens decided that my Mother's Day flowers were in fact for them and they enjoyed the ruffage tremendously for a day or two until we hid them in the guest bathroom. Further proof that even before baby we couldn't have nice things.

These tulips have seen better days

First Trip to Top Pot

There was another momentous event over Mother's Day weekend. Bradley went to Top Pot Doughnuts for the first time! These are the best doughnuts in Seattle and Bradley already seems to be a fan.


My friend Serena loves Top Pot too

Bradley and Daddy Naps Series

No end in sight for cute father son napping together photo ops.

 The Giant Continues to Grow

 Bradley officially no longer fits in his napper in his little pack n play. He also no longer fits into the infant insert in our Ergo baby carrier. We used that insert about 10 times ... it's just a good thing we're planning on more kids.

I weighed him today using our very imprecise scale and he was 12 lbs. We're going in for another check-up in two weeks, then we'll have the official height and weight of our future Goliath.
Napper is the white thing on the right.

 The Many Faces of Little Bradley

And as a grand finale, here are a few pictures I took on my iPhone this morning of the little goof. There are SO many smiles these days, which I have to say is a bit of a relief for a new mother. Smiles mean we must be doing something right. This just started happening in the last couple days, so much fun for Mommy and Daddy!

He is so irresistible when he does this!

Fun final story: a good friend called the other day and we were talking about her fun single life in LA while I was going about making pasta to go with the slow cooker meal I had made. In the midst of this, Nathan ran in to show me an enormous booger he had gotten out of Bradley's nose. It was truly impressive. I think my friend Cerra was impressed even though she could not see the booger. 

So I just want to thank my friends who still get to go out and do cool things for listening to my glamorous booger stories while I go about exciting tasks like making casseroles. I'm having a blast and it makes it all the more exciting when I get to put on pretty clothes and go hang out with you. And I have some awesome poo stories these days ... just let me know when you're ready to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment