Saturday, August 31, 2013

We Bought a House!

We bought a house! We're so excited. It's pretty much my dream house. Five bedroom, three and a half bathrooms, nice open floor plan, and it backs on a park!




And I know the children feel at home there too because Eleanor has been there twice and has had crazy blow out poos both times (I had to clean poo off of her elbow. It was everywhere.) and Bradley has already played in a toilet! Good times!

Bradley loves the low windows as well
We are so excited about this move. Not in a small part because we hope to stop moving for a while after this. Wish us luck as we pack up the house and prep for a move at the end of September!

In the meantime, we're still dealing with the aftermath of Grandma Kathy's visit.
Bradley enjoys using drinking fountains now, which is pretty cute
And Eleanor enjoys dressing up and going out for frozen yogurt! Yum!


Bradley wants a cookie after EVERY meal now. Thanks Grandma.
I told my mom about what she did and she laughed and said she was going to send more cookies when my dad comes out to visit. Someone is enjoying her grandparent spoiling privileges too much!



Bradley is so fun to be around (as long as he gets the cookies he requires). He is still enthralled by all things involving dogs and watched 101 Dalmatians from start to finish the other day, a rather impressive feat for a one year old I feel!
One has to have the right setup for watching shows




He LOVES pushing all the buttons and was delighted when I got out an old toy I got at Disneyland back in 2001. High school me did not realize that my child would eventually play with this toy.




And I pulled out his rain boots the other day to see if they'll fit for the fall. Sadly, they'll probably be too small by then. Bradley loves them loves them loves them and was very upset with me when I tried to take them off. So I let him clomp around the house with them for the rest of the afternoon.

They're frog boots, no wonder he thinks they're cool!
Eleanor is such a champ, I haven't given any height and weight updates but I think it's apparent that she's no longer a skinny little thing. Nope, this girl is now 23.5 inches long (86th percentile) and 12 lbs 14 oz (91st percentile!!). Such a good girl! You have to be sturdy if you're going to survive having Bradley for a big brother.


Smiling at her big brother
Looking excited as big brother tries to climb on top of her

Mellow and enjoying life as Mommy has to stop big brother from pulling her around the room
Bradley has a lot of fun pointing out Eleanor's nose to us but he wasn't aware until yesterday that she has a belly button too. What fun!

And the great thing is that Eleanor LOVES all the Bradley attention. He's always entertaining, that's for sure. It really is quite nice, I remember trying to keep Bradley occupied and entertained in the infant stage and I'm certainly not going to have to worry about doing as much of that with Eleanor.

She continues to grow on both Nathan's and my hearts as we get to see more and more of her personality come through. What a happy, easygoing, sweetheart baby.

Love love love!

Cheerful doing tummy time on top of Mommy


Happy in her cool kid chair. This child is so smiley, I can't believe it.
Standing up so big!
Sookie even thinks Eleanor is okay. Well, at least one can get cuddles from Daddy without having to worry about her pulling your tail. Poor kitties. Bradley loves have not grown any gentler.

All my favorite people together. Notice how Nathan isn't actually touching Bradley. Bradley is VERY focused when he gets to watch a tv show and doesn't want anyone touching him. It's pretty funny to mess with him (not that I would ever advocate such a thing) and try to rest a hand on his shoulder or leg and see how long it takes him to push it off. And it's funny because he is such a cuddle bug otherwise! What a kid.
I know I'd love any child we had because they would be our child but I feel very fortunate that I have two children I genuinely enjoy being around. Bradley is such a fun little imp and Eleanor is just two months old and I adore her too! It's good we bought a big house because if every child we have is as awesome as these two we are going to have ALL the children.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new house, it looks perfect! And Bradley and Eleanor are just adorable. I love how big Eleanor's smiles are!
    -Danalynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Danalynn! Cute kids and a new house, all we need now is a puppy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, Chris wants to get a puppy too, but we need to work on getting a house first!
    -Danalynn

    ReplyDelete