Sunday, September 8, 2013

Joys of Parenting

Being a parent is tough, not only do I have to watch my language (I probably shouldn't even say "crap" anymore. Boo.) but I probably need to stop saying things about murdering one of our cats or shooting her and putting her out of her misery when she is yowling for attention while the baby is napping.

Bradley learning to play the piano! This photo was not staged. He crawled up there himself and started banging around on the keys. This probably means he's a prodigy. Undoubtedly.
Also tough on me is how Bradley is already annoyingly opinionated when it comes to tv shows and he doesn't like my new favorite show, Meerkat Manor. Sheesh. One would think a one and a half year old would go along with whatever his mommy wanted. Not my child.

However, we discovered the other day that Bradley WILL cuddle during shows as long as they're a little scary. We were watching a children's movie My Neighbor Tortoro and there were a few loud growly bits that made Bradley a little nervous so he cuddled up close to me. I loved it, Bradley cuddles are rarely relaxing and are generally more along the lines of trying to crawl all over you and bash his head against you. I told Nathan that I'm going to show him Frankenstein soon and rake in all the cuddly goodness!

This is an example of Bradley "cuddles". A lot of fun but you may get bowled over!


We're enjoying the end of our summer. Eleanor went for her first swim at just two months old!


I may have been more excited about this than any other person. I'm having so much fun with the girly outfits. Bradley got a $10 Superman cape that matched a set of pajamas for his first Halloween that we're likely going to reuse for this Halloween. Eleanor, on the other hand, is going to get a ridiculous tutu costume of some sort that will certainly be a one time wear. Worth it!

Showing off the bathing beauty!
Unfortunately, while Eleanor loves baths she was not super keen on the pool water which was a little cool for her taste.


Bradley had no problem with the water and was ecstatic to be swimming until we decided it was time for some family photos.
I cannot BELIEVE they expect me to stop playing and pose for a stupid picture!
Poor child. In theory I was sympathetic, but we laughed at him and made him pose for more pictures. By the end he was more or less resigned to the nonsense.



Poor Bradley, he puts up with a lot. But he'd better get used to these photo ops, it's not like they're going to stop happening anytime soon.

We're currently spending our days packing for the big move and taking breaks to go to the park to play.
This is at the new park behind our new house. Bradley loves swinging with his daddy!
Eleanor prefers to be snug in the stroller, swings are just a couple months away though!
I love it when both Nathan and I can go to the park together with the kids, it's pretty great family time. And it means I can chase Bradley around much better than when I have an Eleanor strapped to my chest in the baby carrier.


And Nathan is so happy that football season has started since he can think of few things better than being snuggled up on the couch with a child. Eleanor actually likes watching the television, it's pretty cute.

And about 15 minutes later ...


Sometimes being a parent is pretty perfect.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Anne! Could you add me on Facebook? I created a new profile (wanted to start over from scratch) but I can't seem to find you...I'm still under Danalynn Coulon. :)

    ReplyDelete