Monday, January 14, 2013

Visit From Grandma Colleen and Kerry

A few bonus pics from Christmas time fun!




We just had a nice visit from Nathan's mom and stepdad. It's actually part one of two since they're off to Hawaii and then will be coming back to spend a few days with us before going back to Iowa.

Bradley had the best time while they were here. Plenty of company in the back seat of the car (finally!) and as much playtime and attention as he could handle throughout the day. And he can handle as much as you can dish out. We went on little outings each day and Bradley's favorite was probably the aquarium. Nathan took an amazing video of him trying to watch all the tropical fish at once as they swam around their tank.



Our little stinker kept waking up early while his grandparents were visiting but he's so darn cheery in the morning that you can't help but forgive him. I'd take him out to the living room to play and since he isn't very quiet he would soon wake up his grandma. She'd walk out in her bathrobe and he'd flail all his limbs in delight while grinning and making happy noises. It's hard not to melt when it happens to you.

Bath time with Grandma!

And I'm sorry to report that I was cruel, yes cruel, to poor Bradley while Grandma Colleen and Grandpa Kerry were here and I made him stay in a cart while we were out shopping when he obviously should have been held cozy in someone's arms. I was finally holding him when we walked out to the car but he had to cry and fuss and hold out his arms for Grandma - who melted and immediately held him. This happened twice within a short period of time. If his Grandma Colleen wasn't already head over heels for Bradley this would have sealed the deal.

They're off to Hawaii now but will be back before too long.

The day after they left I went to not one but two doctor appointments, one for each baby! Baby in my belly is doing well and we find out gender in about a month. My obgyn scored points for being able to find the baby's heartbeat as the child did a little jig in my belly - she did this one handed while holding Bradley. Quite impressive.


And Bradley's 9 month appointment went well, he flirted up a storm with anyone who would look at him including the nurse who has given him a fair number of shots in his short life. She was delighted by this, apparently most children hold a grudge. Then the doctor came in and Bradley spent most of the time I was talking to him trying to eat his own reflection in the mirror. Absolutely amazing, I tried to take a picture after the doctor left but this was the best I got.


Here are his stats: he's 21 lb 9 oz (75th percentile) and 29 1/4 inch tall (75th-90th percentile). I had to go back and ask for a copy of his sheet with his stats and explain to the doctor that I do so because my husband likes to keep track so he can compare with our friends that have kids. And that my husband and I have bets on Bradley's weight each time we take him in. He seemed amused/flabbergasted and said that this was why America had an obesity problem. Um, we just want our child to WIN at being big and awesome! Speaking of which, Nathan is definitely a little sad that Bradley is no longer up around the 90th percentile in both height and weight. He said something about blaming how mobile he is now for burning off the extra weight. Hilarious.


Our little Bradley continues to grow more dear to us every day. It's hard to imagine what life was like before he came. He cries now when Nathan or I leave the room if he feels like we're ignoring him or deserting him. And if I leave him playing in the living room and go to the kitchen and make any noise he follows me in there as quick as he can! We need more baby gates.

He's so chatty and fun these days. Which has both its benefits and drawbacks. Bradley and I went to a kid friendly showing of a movie today at noon with my friend Christine who also has a baby. My child spent the early part of the movie stealing as much as he could of my lunch of apple slices and a muffin (he would lunge for muffin bites. Sigh) and then downing his own lunch as rapidly as possible. He then spent the remainder of the movie trying to flirt with Christine which involved babbling loudly and leaning over and grinning in her face and then trying to grab her nose to make it go honk (an "adorable" game his daddy taught him). We were the loudest ones in the theater by far. Fortunately for Bradley, both Christine and I thought it was rather adorable and the movie was not too great so we didn't mind the floor show. I just hope none of the other moms were particularly interested in the movie.

We get to go to the aquarium again before our evening PEPS parenting group meeting. Bradley is having a delightful day today.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, that video is hilarious! Bradley just looks adorable. And that's exciting, finding out the gender of baby #2 soon! :D

    -Danalynn

    ReplyDelete