Monday, December 31, 2012

9 Months Old

Bradley turned 9 months old yesterday. We celebrated by hanging out with our PEPS parenting group in the morning (nothing special, a regularly planned meeting) and spending time with my parents and my little brother and his girlfriend in the afternoon. Bradley had a very social day.



We had a nice day today, my little guy and I. He's hilarious now for naps, he just wanders around his crib and occasionally gets himself stuck in impossible positions and I have to go up and save him from being flat on his back with a leg lodged in the crib bars. His average wander time is 20 minutes. You wouldn't think a crib could be interesting for that long but Bradley keeps busy! It's very fun to have the video baby monitor so I can watch him as he wanders and turns in circles and gets himself tangled up in his blanket.

He also follows me around the house now. Literally. In the morning I'll be running back and forth between the kitchen and the living room straightening things and getting Bradley's breakfast ready and wherever I go, there's a baby crawling behind me trying to catch up. He's quite cheerful about the whole thing and to be honest it's pretty heartwarming. Nathan experienced this firsthand today when he came home from work and a delighted Bradley make excited noises as he crawled across the room and around the couch as fast as he could so he could grab at Daddy's feet. Nathan said that Bradley could do whatever he wanted tonight after that, it was spoil Bradley time.


Unfortunately for Nathan, I had decided that tonight was feed Bradley solid chunks of food night and had steamed some butternut squash, carrots, and peas for Nathan to try to get Bradley to eat with dinner. There were two problems with this plan. 1) Bradley is STARVING come dinnertime and just wants you to shovel food into his mouth as rapidly as possible. Finger foods are not conducive to this. Also 2) Bradley is not a huge fan of carrots or butternut squash and he hate hate hates peas. Tonight may have been the worst dinner Bradley has had to endure for some time. I tried to help at the end by holding up the steamed foods to Bradley's mouth and I have to say, not laughing at my child when he makes faces at foods is something I really have to work at. The faces are amazing. Also amazing is when I hold up a single pea to his mouth and he closes it firmly while pushing my hand away. I'm not supposed to laugh at this?

We're looking forward to Nathan's mom and stepdad coming to visit us for a few days at the end of this week. Bradley is looking forward to the spoiling he is sure to receive and I'm looking forward to lots of good family pictures!

In the meantime, here are some Bradley videos!
 Daddy is just the funniest ever!

Dressed up for Christmas with his friend Brynn

And here are a few holiday photos! It was a great Christmas!

SO many presents for one small person. Fortunately he did not complain.

So much fun with Aunt Nancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment