Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Getting Into the Swing of Things

Well, we've had a bit of a killer week. Turns out we're not very good at letting Bradley go to sleep on his own. Teething isn't helping anything and we're finally getting at least somewhat used to letting him cry for a few minutes when he wakes up in the night before going in to help a baby out. Apparently I was supposed to let him cry occasionally while he was younger so he'd be pro at putting himself back to sleep by now. Whoops. This is our experiment baby, we're figuring things out on him so any younger siblings will have a better go of it. Sorry, Bradley. Just remember that you are getting so so much attention, I'm sure the at times inept parenting is balanced out by the non stop love and attention.

Awake times continue to be delightful and more and more fun every day. We had a lovely date night last Friday and Bradley had such a fun evening with his Grandma and Grandpa Redfern. Here are a couple of photos from when Grandpa walked in the door and was handed a book to read to Bradley. Bradley was delighted and kept looking back to see who was reading to him.

Smiling over at Grandma

Wait, who is this reading to me?

And this may be Nathan's favorite year for football ever. I anticipate we will have a lot of similar pictures of Daddy and baby cuddling through football games.

Nathan's idea of a perfect Sunday afternoon

Oh wait, just got better. Sookie is hilarious, anytime someone looks comfy holding the baby she wants to join in on the party.

Checking on Mommy

This is a new development. Bradley has started to be a bit more aware of where I am throughout the day and he checks on me sometimes. It looks like this:

And it looks like this:
Kind of makes a mother's heart melt. My little prince is such a doll. I know I'm mixing metaphors, I don't care.


The love is not restricted to me though, our friends Brendan and Heather came over for a game night and I don't know who was more delighted when the little stinker pot wouldn't stay asleep and I brought him down for quality time.

Who is this fun guy? Yay, so glad I'm not asleep!

Why hellooooooooo there! I think we could be best friends!
Our sweet boy loves the people. I hear that's supposed to change soon and he'll get more dependent on familiar faces. I think that just means if you want Bradley to be sure to like you, you should make sure you come and visit us often!

 Kitty and Baby Experiment

I'm doing this for Nathan. We have this theory that a kitten alone doing something is quite cute.

Observe the kitten.
And a baby doing something on his own is rather adorable:

Observe the baby

But combine the two ...
Kittens and baby together. BAM! Automatically the best picture of the three.

Does this mean you can expect many more kitten and baby pictures? One can only hope so! We'll do our level best to please.

Also, I hope that the kitties adorable cowboy mouse costume caught your attention. We were celebrated their 2 year birthday and Nathan wanted to get them a toy, but then I saw the mouse costume and we got that instead. They like to try to kill it now after we made all of them wear it once, that means they love it, right?
So much joy in the kitty's eyes!

Pumpkin Trip

We went to the little "pumpkin patch" at the nursery that's just a few minutes away from our house for Bradley's first pumpkin picking experience. It was glorious, we took a bunch of pictures and there was zero mud to deal with. I'm okay with going to a pumpkin patch when Bradley is old enough to enjoy it. And by enjoy it, I mean he better do a happy dance and since happy songs the entire time we go to one because those places are far away and a pain in the neck to deal with. This place was perfect, we could do this every year as far as I'm concerned.

Ample parking and cute scarecrows for photo ops! Love this place!

This is now my favorite picture of me and Bradley. He has such an amazing smile.

My guys.

Family shot!

We really liked touching the pumpkins.
We haven't actually carved the pumpkins yet, I'm debating on whether or not I'll let Bradley play with some pumpkin guts when we do. Perhaps under great supervision so he can't actually eat anything. Although he's MY son, odds are that he'll hate the taste of pumpkin anyway. It makes me strangely proud when he's picky about the same foods as me, he rejected his first taste of avocado a couple days ago and I was so happy. I mean, I'm okay with avocado now but I find it highly overrated.

And my John Deere tractor boy. BEST photo ops ever! The whole trip took 30 minutes from leaving our house to being home again. I'm so pleased.

Odds and Ends

Nathan turned 32 about a week ago. We had a fun birthday party for him and this is the only picture I took of him and Bradley together.

Also, I don't know if I'll ever get tired of the Bradley in swings pictures. What a sweetie.


Bradley is continuing in his love of literature, here he is doing a bit of research on what lies ahead in the coming months.
He loves this book. This is only a moderately staged picture in that I made him turn and smile at me while playing with his new favorite book.
And this may be one of my new favorite Bradley pictures. We've been putting down for his naps while he's more alert these days and I typically sit in the glider on the other end of the room until I'm sure he's asleep. So he's started to position himself to be able to check and make sure he hasn't been ditched. So adorable.


We're going to Santa Cruz this weekend so Bradley can meet his great granddad Redfern and see my Aunt Diana and Uncle Bill. We're excited for the trip but this will be our first plane flight, which I rather dread. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment