Monday, October 1, 2012

6 Month Check-Up

Bradley had his 6 month appointment with our pediatrician today! He had so much fun at the doctor's office, there was a fish tank in the waiting room with bubbles (we are not yet interested in the fish) and there was the best paper for a boy to play with in the doctor's office AND a cool mirror!

I said something to the pediatrician about him causing carnage and was told I don't know what carnage is yet.

Bradley's 6 month stats are: 19lbs 10oz (90th percentile) 28 1/2 inches tall (90-95th percentile)

He's growing at an amazing rate. Our pediatrician can hardly stand it when I ask concerned questions about his diet, obviously whatever we're doing is fine. He also told me to cherish this period because my child will soon be mobile, less smiley, and throwing food instead of sweetly eating everything I put in front of him. I told him my Bradley was going to be a kind, obedient child and my doctor laughed at me. I wish my pediatrician would at least pretend to think I'm some sort of super parent and my child will be superior to all the others. Perhaps if I hadn't had to ask them if they meant malt-o-meal when they were talking about giving Bradley rice cereal as a first meal ...

Everything was fun fun fun until ... the shots! Mommy was a jerk and said yes to the flu vaccine in addition to everything else so this sweet child got four shots. FOUR. That is horrible for anyone, much less a baby.

It shouldn't be too much of a surprise that this sweet little boy was a tired mess for most of the rest of the day. I took him for a walk to the park to go on the swings about an hour and a half before I figured he should be going down for his afternoon nap. We made it two blocks and then this happened:

So ... exhausted

He got a nice nap in the stroller and I got to have an hour jog that I hadn't planned on. He woke up after having a very nice rest. Man this kid is cute.

And then there is THIS. This is not out of the ordinary, he's this cute and smiley all the time now. Yes, even on a day with horrible shots!



Everything I say is delightful to him. I got him to laugh hysterically not too long after this by bouncing him on my foot and singing songs to him. I want to freeze this, I want to freeze all of this and just hold on to it for a little while. He can grow older but I always want to be able to jump back to this period and have my adorable 6 month Bradley to cuddle and play with once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment