Tuesday, June 12, 2012

First Time Swimming

First Time Swimming!

 We took Bradley swimming for the first time. So. Much. Fun. I found this great pool about 5 minutes away from us that caters to small children. The pool is 92 degrees (yeah, I know) and they even have a row of padded baby changing stations adjacent to the pool. Absolutely amazing.

Bradley wasn't exactly sure what we were trying to do to him at first but there were no tears the entire time. Nathan dunked him underwater twice and I guess it's true what they say about it being instinct to hold your breath. Bradley is such a sweetie pie. He started to grin a bit when Nathan bobbed him a little in the water and when he took a speedy trip with daddy around the pool. We had such a great time and can't wait to go back. It's just $6 for all three of us each time so we'll be making many a trip to the pool over the course of the summer!

And yes, I do rock the mom tankini. I went online and bought this about a week after we brought Bradley home from the hospital. I've been looking forward to swimming with him for a while!

Videos of Tummy Time

As you can see from the videos below, tummy time was beginning to become an issue until I discovered that Bradley was finally interested in his baby gym which means he puts up with tummy time a lot more easily these days. Thank goodness.

If you skip to the 44 second mark on the first video you see an amazing smile.


And the second is just cuteness. Bradley is so stinkin cute even when he's fussy.

Baby Gym

It is so fun watching this kid develop. There are changes almost daily now and he's getting more and more into objects. He loves patterns and will actually look at the pages of the book when you read to him. But his interest in the baby gym is just the best, we spend a lot of his alert time playing around with all the cool stuff that comes with the gym!


Mr. Octopus, Bradley's new best friend

He loves to try to suck on Mr. Octopus' tentacles. He doesn't know how to chew yet so he'll just lick at him. It's incredibly adorable.

Mr. Orca Whale is also a hit

He LOVES faces now, especially his mommy's and daddy's. He got really excited when Nathan got home from work yesterday and stared at him and stared at him between huge happy grins. He does the same thing to his mommy first thing in the morning which is almost as cute but not as cute as it would be if he would just sleep one hour longer. Please child, just one hour more, that's all I ask.

He's usually pretty good about sleeping during the night, he wakes up for two feedings and then goes right back to sleep. However, one night he was not so good about going back to sleep and I was up for a good portion of the wee hours taking care of the little guy. It was finally Nathan's turn to put the boy to sleep but he was going to have to get the humidifier set up first. It was going to take him about five minutes to do, but I was so tired and wanted him to get it set up while I was still feeding Bradley so I could pass the child off as soon as possible and go back to bed. So I called him from the upstairs nursery and got hung up on. Twice. Nathan thought it was his alarm going off and kept silencing it. So I waited until Bradley was fussy and crying and called Nathan, held the crying baby up to the phone, then told him to come upstairs and set up the humidifier. It worked! Nathan hadn't even realized he had hung up on me before. 4am phone calls are tough, I'll give him that.

A Couple More Videos

Here is a precious video of Nathan feeding his baby boy

And Bradley in the swing. Not the most thrilling of our Bradley videos, but pretty dang adorable none the less.

Cool Guy

And for our grand finale - super cool picture of a super cool guy! People go crazy for a man in sweet shades. I have strangers stop me when I'm out with him in order to coo over him, I don't blame them a bit! Look at this guy. Cute and cool, what a combo!

No comments:

Post a Comment