Saturday, April 7, 2012

Baby Bradley Scott

 Introducing Bradley Daniel Scott! 
Born Friday 3/30/12 at 8:14 PM
7lb 4.5 oz and 18.75 inches

Basically, from now on this blog is a venue for me to unabashedly post as many baby photos/stories as I like. We are oh so very crazy about our little boy and this is just the cream of the crop of one week's worth of photos. This is what I'm posting while still figuring out baby stuff (aka, somewhat sleep deprived), imagine what I'm going to be able to post once we get more of this down!  

Who couldn't love this little face - what a doll!

 So here I am as big as I got during the pregnancy. I believe this was taken when I was 38 weeks along and Bradley was born at 39 weeks.

 Here I am on our first attempt to go to the hospital. Notice the cute outfit, happy smile. They sent us back despite our best efforts to get checked in and by the time we decided it was time to go back to the hospital I was wearing oversized sweats, a baggy shirt, sweatshirt, and no smile. We really hadn't wanted to get sent back from the hospital again so I waited until I was sure my contractions were 4 minutes apart and a 7 or 8 on the pain scale. Turns out that in my case that means when you arrive you're 10 cm dilated and ready to push out a baby. Check in time at triage was 6:45pm and baby was born at 8:14pm. It only took that long because I chose to get an epidural. Good choice.

 And here's our baby Bradley, around an hour after being born!

 A very very happy mommy

 Bradley getting his first bath. His head was only slightly cone-headed because of how quickly he came out. Three contractions worth of pushing and hello baby!

 We had no idea what to expect in terms of looks but so far he has my chin and Nathan's cowlick. The doctor says he has giant hands and feet which means he's going to be a big boy! He currently has brown hair but we're not sure if that will change or not. All babies have bluish gray eyes so we don't know eye color either.

But who cares about eye color/hair color! Look at this cutie pie!

  
Nathan in his special Big Papa shirt ready to take our little guy home from the hospital


 We think we lucked out in the temperament department. Bradley is super mellow which makes things a lot easier on these first time parents!
So delighted to be cuddling with this guy. Nathan and I have been working on having him sleep in his little bassinet and we miss him while he's in there ... having him sleep on you is rather blissful.

 Ready for our trip for the two day old doctor appt

 Proud papa in the waiting room

 Bradley loves his Grandma Redfern and Auntie Tina. He's yawning in the photo with Tina, I always rescue people if Bradley starts to get fussy while they're holding him. It's not pleasant to hold a crying baby if it isn't your own.

 Guess why the little toot is smiling in the photo with Nathan ...

 Bradley loves being swaddled. Happy baby = happy parents.

So tuckered out

Bradley is a champion sleeper

With Grandpa Redfern (big yawn in the first picture). We can't wait to be able to post photos of Bradley with all of his grandmas, grandpas, aunties, uncles, and cousins!

My guys

Successful trip to the grocery store when Bradley is 6 days old!

Open eyes on the car ride home from the grocery store. It's amazing how much more alert he is every day!

Trying out his swing for the first time. Bradley likes it!

Out for our first walk on Bradley's one week birthday!

I love these guys so much

Big big yawn!

Favorite things about Bradley at this point: 
The way he'll grab on HARD to one of my fingers with his entire hand when he's nursing.
When he looks straight at you like he's trying to figure you out and my oh my aren't you a puzzle.
How he'll hold his head up for about 5-10 seconds when he's on his stomach and his forehead is a mass of wrinkles at the effort.
The little grunting noises he makes when he's excited about nursing.
How aggressive he can be when he's rooting for food. He'll worm his way towards the "feeding trough" in a truly adorable fashion.
How the cats will come and anxiously check on him when he's upset.
Sleeping with him on your chest or in the crook of your arm - we're trying to be good about training him to sleep in his bassinet but oh my goodness there's nothing cozier than a sleeping baby on your chest

 

Other Important Bradley Facts:
Nathan was peed on first.
I was peed on later that evening immediately after changing a diaper and forgetting to pull out the little side things on his diaper. Changed the kiddo out of his wet clothes/diaper but decided to just change my own clothes in the morning, they weren't too wet. This parenting gig is so glamorous ...
Bradley is a champion eater, I have to wake him up from naps during the day so he'll eat enough otherwise he'll try to eat about every hour and a half leading up to bedtime. Since each feeding takes 30-45 minutes, that's a lot of nursing. Big hands, big feet, oversized appetite - I tell Nathan that we gave birth to a puppy.
He can be bawling while his diaper is being changed and then you pick him up and he stops crying literally within two seconds. What a mellow baby.
Nathan likes to call him Buster. It fits.



So Much Love and Happiness
So our lives revolve around nursing, naps, and dirty diapers right now but I don't think either Nathan or I have ever been happier. We are so blessed to have this little guy in our lives. I always swore that I wasn't a baby person but it turns out I love it. In the week since he was born we've already seen him develop so much and while I can't wait for all the fun stuff ahead I'm doing my best to cherish and make memories of these precious early days.

No comments:

Post a Comment