Monday, November 2, 2015

Halloween and Zoo Trip

Here are my last couple pictures of the visit from my Aunt Diana and Uncle Bill.

We're good at selfies and Patrick is good at fixing Aunt Diana's hair. She could have been more grateful but hey, he's used to ingratitude. 

These pictures were taken at a work party at Nathan's boss's house. I went to a bouncy house with his boss's wife the next week because she has very sweet kids who are about the same age as ours. I took no pictures of actual bouncing but the kids loved the racing game.

And then we could not handle leaving, so you know it was a good time. 

Halloween festivities were pretty fun. We went to Nathan's work for their annual trick or treating event. No one could tell Bradley was supposed to be The Incredible Hulk, I guess I should have taken off his shirt and ripped up his shorts a bit to make it a bit more obvious.
Wonder Woman deer in headlights



With my little Superman!



 We really enjoyed playing in the costumes all week.

I made fancy severed finger dinner for Halloween night and it was a hit!

Bradley and Eleanor were big fans,

And then we we went out with our superhero children to trick or treat!

Highlight of the night: Nathan got Bradley to say "I'm Batman" in the gravelly Batman voice to a neighbor. I cannot overstate how happy Nathan was about this. 

And the big kids enjoyed their haul while we warmed up poor Patrick who we didn't even let play with a piece of candy. Poor child. 

These kids are so darn cute together.
Eleanor still has a hard time falling asleep sometimes and we've really been trying to cut down on her leaving her room after Nathan has put her in bed. So now when she is having trouble falling asleep she just starts tearfully saying "I NEED you Daddy. Daddy! Daddy! I want you Daddy!"

Daddy cannot get up there fast enough. Daddy does not mind prolonged bedtime when his little girl is calling for him.

She is such a doll. All of the children can make us be putty in their hands but perhaps none so easily as Eleanor.


Bradley has been having a tough time lately, lots of meltdowns and "feelings" as I like to call them, so Nathan and I had a little parenting counsel and decided to start giving Bradley solo time with a parent after dinner every night so he could catch up on some quality time. He was pretty pleased today when we told him he got to do a project with Daddy after dinner and the two of them had a ball together. They built the haunted house you got from buying all three kinds of the ridiculous Halloween cereal Nathan got for the children. It's my turn for solo Bradley time tomorrow, I'm going to have to step up my game if I want to be as fun as Daddy.

Eleanor and Patrick had a pretty decent time playing with me in the basement though. Patrick cackles when you get on your hands and knees and stomp towards him. And Eleanor is instantly happy if you put socks on her hands.

And fun Eleanor story: I have been trying to teach her how to blow her nose so I tried telling her to blow out like a horse when I held up a tissue. It did not go as I expected ...

Nathan told Bradley to blow his nose the other day and Eleanor started saying "neigh! neigh!" from across the room. It's cute and hilarious, I love it.

We also went to the zoo today for the first time in ages. It was a lot of fun, although the kids are so used to the petting zoo they could not understand why they couldn't go in to the penguin exhibit to pet the penguins.

Holding hands with our friend Eli. Although Bradley protested "we're not in a parking lot!" before I took this picture. Holding hands is only supposed to be for parking lots.

There was a lot of joy over the carousel ride. I can't believe my kids are so big, Eleanor swatted my hand when I was trying to provide support and kept checking to make sure I was letting her ride on her own. 





These sweet kids.

 We're exhausted but we're pretty sure they're wonderful.

Eleanor has reached new impish heights.


And I can't believe how many wonderful and kind relatives we have who spoil us with presents. My cousin Anne Redfern recently sent us a few Halloween books which were a big hit with the kids. Like a big hit as in there is no way I'm going to be able to put them away before Thanksgiving because the big kids are too excited about reading them at every opportunity.

Patrick remains an absurdly sweet and easy baby. Who falls asleep like this as I'm walking around the kitchen?

He is such a doll baby, the kids are nuts for him and Nathan and I fight for cuddles. Eleanor quote from the other morning as we walked into our bathroom with him "he has such cyute legggss!"

Eleanor you are correct. Everything is cute about Patrick. 

Bradley got to have Eleanor's leftover yogurt after lunch today and then proceeded to generously share it with her when she decided she was hungry after all. 

 And all three in the wagon. These kids. I can't believe how sweet they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment