Saturday, March 9, 2013

Grandparent Love

Update - since the last blog post I spent a little time looking through photos and video of Bradley as an itty bitty baby and am now very excited for the arrival of a new baby. Not too worried about being bored anymore. I want a baby that makes adorable little squeaks, sleeps a lot, and stays in one spot when I put her down. It actually sounds quite lovely, especially now that sweet Bradley is getting into EVERYTHING. And he's bossy about it too. This child knows what he wants and he is very effective at communicating these desires.

For instance: Bradley plays pool now. I have the video to prove it.


My parents have a pool table downstairs and Bradley has taken up quite the interest in pool since we got here. He plays on the table for about 15-30 min or so each day now I'd say. This video could have gone on much longer. He is now quite accomplished at tossing the balls down the pockets. He is also accomplished at tossing them off the side of the table when that seems more interesting. It can be perilous to play pool with Bradley.

He has a favorite puzzle piece from a wooden apple tree puzzle that I remember playing with as a child. The pieces are virtually identical but he loves the one with only one apple on it and typically crawls around carrying the puzzle piece in his hand. It's quite adorable. He generally likes to crawl around while holding onto a toy of some sort, that way you know that wherever you go you'll have something to play with in a pinch.

We spent some time with his great grandparents yesterday and they were fairly impressed by his ability to stuff great quantities of food into his mouth and somehow not choke. Sometimes the food tries to escape from your mouth because of lack of space but a determined child can always shove it back in there until it fits. It's quite the dinner show. He also loves pushing chairs around on tile or hardwoods and showed off that trick for the grandparents as well. They seemed more enthused by this than his ability to get into their cupboards, which was also displayed over our visit.

I'm almost afraid to get Bradley back to myself after this period of time visiting my parents and grandparents, someone is growing quite accustomed to be doted upon. My dad took him to the park today for two hours and took some cool boy pictures. He also carried him around for a 30 minute walk later in the day. I do these things but not for the same duration or with the same level of catering to the child's every whim.

Camo jacket, camo shades

Hanging out in the big swing

Notice that Bradley is too cool to even look at the chick checking him out to his right
We're having a blast but can't wait to be reunited with Nathan and the kitties. I heard from him today and he and his dad (and the kitties) arrived safely in Kansas City today and got the keys to our house there and are all set. We're flying out in two days and while I'm dreading the flight itself I'm very much looking forward to being back with my sweet Nathan!

And here are a few more photos of my parents catering to the Bradley man. This kid was already used to being the center of the universe, I don't even know what to do with him after all this.

One of the many shoulder rides he has received. Toy in hand still, just in case things happen to get boring.

Bradley is chewing on a plastic bag here. But don't fret, there are just a bunch of chocolates on the inside.  Oh to be a grandparent ...

Reading to the Bradley

No comments:

Post a Comment