Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Juliet 1 Year Photos

Here are adorable Juliet's 1 year photos! These were supposed to be cake smash pictures, but the baby decided that she hated cake and only wanted Mommy not only on our first attempt at photos, but our second as well. She's cute, but I don't understand her at all.

First of all, here is what I think is the winning photo of the bunch. The tiny little girl is wearing a 6-12 month dress that my mom took in a bit so it would actually fit her. She's currently in the 15th percentile for weight.

And then check out how adorable her little cake was! What baby wouldn't want to dive into this?

This baby. We got to retake the pictures because our photographer who usually takes amazing photos adjusted a setting on her camera and the first round turned out rather grainy.

So yes, reasonably cute - but we could barely get her off my lap, let alone interested in the cake.

I think this is my second favorite photo.

Can you tell she's starting to turn on us?

Turns out shoving a bite of cake in her mouth and running away did not result in a happy baby.

I hid in the other room while my friend Julie came over with Patrick and Mabel to try to distract the angsty baby. No dice.

Here is try #2, a few days later. New cake!

And donuts. Couldn't get her to eat the donuts either.

And a balloon! Delightful, yes? I pulled out all the stops. Even brought her a stack of books to play with.

But again ... not interested. What is THIS?

Can you tell where Mommy is standing? Sigh. Poor baby. She ate the cake at home, but apparently I finally have a child that can't be bribed to perform for treats. What will I do??? Half my parenting of young children involves bribing with treats, saying "popsicle" when it's time to leave the park is the only way I know how to get a 2 year old to come home happily. Wish me luck.

So despite the baby hating pictures and cake, we got a few good pictures. It's a bit of a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment