Friday, May 4, 2018

Patrick and Eleanor School Pics and Mother Son Superhero Event

When your four year old daughter sees a field full of purple flowers and wants to pose for a picture in the middle of it, you do it.


Eleanor quotes: Now listen up! You have to think way back! Way back ... to the future!

Eleanor: This is NOT a request.
Me: What is it?
Eleanor: IT is a daydream. Sometimes I night dream and it really helps me.

We got official school pictures for Patrick and Eleanor. Here are my favorites.


And the rest:











I like the professional photos, but I like this one almost as much. Eleanor is a great help when I make brownies.

Balance that out with t-rex hair boy.

And his art. I had high hopes for this one.

Nope. There's a goat. Pooping.

We got a new elliptical machine and the kids keep begging to use it.


We finally got stick on earrings for Eleanor. You can barely see them in this picture but I thought the amount of accessories that go into a typical day for Eleanor are quite impressive.

Better accessories picture at our picnic lunch after preschool.

Patrick would pull out an animal cracker and ask me what it was, then bite off its head and say, "Now what is it?" which put me at a bit of a loss.

Nathan was gone on a work trip so I took this photo montage for him of all of us eating dinner outside. We are loving getting to eat outside a bunch!

And mealtime prayers are a new thing that the kids are all about.

I adore their prayers, Patrick even took the lead on prayer at Sunday School the other day and thoroughly impressed his teacher! Although I guess he mostly thanked God for food ... a lot. Gotta have the right priorities.

Patrick with his favorite snuggie items, ball blanket and Pluto stuffed toy.

Poor tired girl. I keep walking into her room and finding her like this.

Or like this. I rather adore this one.

Bradley's preschool class had a rather impressive flying car project and we got to go see it on display.


Take your child to work day was a big success this year. Eleanor immediately asked if there would be donuts when I told her that it was coming up.

Eleanor: "We can't tell mommy about this, because she would never let us have two donuts."

Sad but true. Poor kids. Perhaps I need to loosen up a bit.

Coloring time.

Show time!

Lunch at Daddy's work. Also my new favorite hairstyle for Eleanor, I braid one side of her hair and then put it into pigtails.

So tired. Take your child to work day is exhausting.

Eleanor waits like this for her friend Naomi when he comes over for a playdate.

I got a $2 princess cookie kick from Walmart for them to try and oh my was it a hit.


I banned a roaring little brother from the girl playdate and sent him up to Bradley's room for a bit. Walked up and found this 15 minutes later.

Patrick is such a little dear and so good at communicating all the things. We can always tell when he's full after a meal.

But sometimes he can be so forgetful when it comes to whether or not he's gotten a dessert.

A week ago we had a game night with friends. The boys were super tired and I kept going upstairs to help them quiet down. Totally worked.


Finally we gave up on Patrick staying in his room and he joined us for game time. He was enamored with my friend Allison and was so intrigued by her baby in her tummy.

It got better when he asked if he could have a baby in his tummy and Allison's husband told him, "No, but you could have a food baby!" There has been a lot of talk about food babies ever since. Not awkward at all.

Can you find the sleeping girl in this picture?

I am so happy with how much outside time we've gotten since the weather turned nice.

Digging time.

Battling monsters time.

Bowser trapping Princess Peach in a small tree ...

Stomp rockets aiming for the roof.

And exploration in the park!

The gym had a mother son super hero themed afternoon. Were the boys and I prepared for this? Oh yeah!



Meanwhile, Nathan and Eleanor had an ice cream date and went back to the house and watched Eleanor's favorite girly shows together. Were they ready for this? Oh yeah!


The gym event was adorable, they got to decorate their own capes.

Bradley made his a Mario superhero cape. He put a lot of work into it, it turned out great!


Patrick had no problem shoving his way into a big kid game of floor hockey.

And the big surprise of the event was Bradley's climbing skills. This was his first time ever trying out a rock wall.

Turns out he's pretty good!

Meanwhile, Patrick balanced on cones and yelled "do it myself!" whenever I attempted to hold his hand or help him in any way.

Group photo at the end. I can't stand how sweet this boys are. I am so excited for all the mother son events we'll get to go to in upcoming years!

The next day Nathan took them all out for a playdate with friends at Stanley Elementary per Bradley's request. The preschool area has an amazing teeter totter which is worth the trip in its own right.





And Patrick's bff Mabel spotted our minivan in the parking lot while dropping her brother off for a playdate and insisted on finding Patrick and playing with him. They are so ridiculously sweet together.

May Day at the Arboretum together. The love is real.

We tried to do a prom picture but Patrick wouldn't put down his goldfish.

Meanwhile, Eleanor with her true love: kitties! I'm so proud. And if you think I'm overdoing the cat love, just know the other night I was holding and snuggling Layla and Nathan said, "You are so attractive. You look good. Oh, hi Anne! Good to see you too!"

Bradley is so proud and excited to have joined cub scouts. Nathan has signed on to be a leader, there are going to be so many fun activities they get to do together this next year, I don't know which one of them is more excited. That's a lie, it's Bradley, but Nathan is pretty enthusiastic as well.

Eleanor's friend Ava had a fun 5th birthday at a nearby park a couple weeks ago. It was particularly memorable thanks to Patrick and his little friend Marcus (Ava's little brother). Eleanor had to go potty and as we were walking out of the bathroom we heard someone say "oh my, the little boys!" and sure enough, Patrick and Marcus were naked. At a public park. Both were beyond delighted with themselves, and while Marcus allowed himself to be caught quickly, Patrick ran away from me screaming "I just want to be naked!" Fortunately, everyone seemed to think it was pretty funny.


And if you're sad that I didn't get any naked boy pictures, don't worry. The next night Nathan was doing the dishes while I was at taekwondo with Bradley. He looked outside a few minutes after letting the younger two out to play in the backyard and saw this. I included a black bar over Patrick's bits for decency's sake.

When asked why they did it, they replied "We just wanted to be naked!" Patrick took his clothes off AGAIN a few days later at another park but he left his diaper on so we're calling it a success. Don't ask what his current relationship with shoes is, we have seriously adjusted our goals and expectations around here.

I made the mistake of leaving my weights and yoga mat out after a quick workout the other day. Do you know the children are very strong?

And then Eleanor led Patrick on a dance class. She's actually quite good! It shouldn't be too surprising really, the girl danced her way out of her preschool class the other day, twirls and all. If there ever was a child who belonged in dance class, it's Eleanor.


I've been having a very rough time of it lately, as pictured below.


New game the kids invented on the deck last night. It was not quiet.


"Everyone be quiet, I have to make a phone call."

One last child quote:

Me: Eleanor, do you want to join us for a snack?
Eleanor: What is it?
Patrick: It is a carrot or a cookie.
Eleanor: I'll come downstairs!
Patrick (frantically): Don't come down!! You will be bored!!

These kids. Can't get enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment