Friday, August 21, 2015

Baby Patrick is Bigger Than Baby Bradley ... Oh Dear

We just went in for Patrick's 4th month doctor checkup a few days ago. He came in at a healthy 26 inches (84th percentile) and 17 lbs 11 oz (92nd percentile). I decided to compare that to Bradley's 4 month stats and discovered that they were the exact same height at this age but Patrick weighs nearly half a pound more than Bradley did ... oh dear. Bradley is our skinny boy?

Here's a fatty fat no clothes video of sweet Patrick.

Too fat for the baby bumbo chair
Okay, we are able to squeeze the fatty legs in there
But getting out afterwards remains an adventure
Patrick missed a meal once and no lie he binge ate the rest of the day to make up for it. It was amazing, I got to sleep in until 9:00 while Nathan played with the kids. But then I fed Patrick about every hour and a half for the rest of the day. He never wanted to feel that hungry feeling again. He works hard to achieve his physique.
Sleeping in is so easy to do when you have help
Our cuddly crew
Despite getting some shots Patrick thinks he could get used to going to the doctor's office, he finally gets the amount of attention he believes he is entitled to.


Patrick rode in the swings for the first time and loved it!

Such a helpful big brother
Taking over the swings at the park!
He has a new front facing carrier which he loves, although it may be a bit TOO cozy at times.

Patrick really is the perfect baby, we can't believe how easy he is. He is so cheerful and if anyone happens to look at him he instantly gives them a huge smile. The older two were running laps around the main floor yesterday and Patrick would jump and squirm with delight in my arms every time he caught a glimpse of them on a lap. Bradley in particular gives him a ton of attention so Patrick starts smiling whenever Bradley comes around because he knows exciting things are going to happen (even if it may involve a little guy's eyes getting poked a wee bit).




Who wouldn't want to hang out with this? Bradley is always a fun time!

The older two are such buddies and continue to be more and more fun to take out to do activities with. Eleanor sings along loudly with songs at naps and bedtime now. Her favorite song is Row Your Boat and Bradley's favorite song is Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.
Play doh together
Cleaning toys used in play doh together
Excited about their new Minion socks (thanks Aunt Diana!)
Best reading spot in the house
Thunderstorm cuddles
Fun Eleanor story: She loves to come into our room in the morning for cuddles, which I probably loves just as much or more than she does. But apparently she decided to make a try for cuddles at 11 PM the other night. I have no memory of this because I was pretty tired and had only fallen asleep about a half hour before she came in but Nathan tells me he thought it was morning when Eleanor came in and whimpered by the side of our bed (he may have been tired too) and he pulled her in to bed and I made happy noises as I snuggled up next to her. After about twenty minutes he realized his mistake and tried to get her out of our bed and back into her own but both Eleanor and I made very unhappy noises when he tried to take her away and so he gave up. Soon after this, Eleanor decided she was thirsty and climbed over me and onto the floor so she could drink (chug) my giant cup of water I keep by the bed. Then she climbed back into bed by me. Nathan finally decided that enough was enough so he picked her up to carry her back to her room and my only memory is begging him to give her back to me for one more hug while she was wailing because of the imminent separation. He spent the night in her room with her. We are very fortunate that this happens once in a blue moon, she is typically a very good sleeper.
Super pony princess
Helping Daddy shop
I love watching Eleanor play. She tells me about all the things and it's all that I could hope for and more.

We had some visitors over the weekend, Grandma Colleen and Kerry made the trip down and we took them to a fun block party at our grocery store. There was a train, and free food, and balloons, and it was pretty much kid heaven!


Oh my, look what we found at the block party!



My cousin Julie and her husband Eric came to visit from Nebraska. We spent Saturday afternoon catching up. I hadn't seen her for over ten years, I love getting to see all my wonderful Midwest relatives!


We kept things mellow for the rest of Colleen and Kerry's visit. Sometimes an easy walk to the park is the most fun thing. 




Patrick was in a super happy mood at the park




Neither child was as excited about this as I thought they should be
 Grandma was willing to hold the sleeping baby at church. What a good sport.

 Patrick is so a little person now. Whatever is going on he wants to be in on it.



The kitties sure love him! Meg says hurray for babies!! More cuddles, please!

Such shared joy.
Layla cuddles are more voluntary and perhaps a bit more desperate

And here is Nathan in his happy place. Nothing better than napping with the baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment