Sunday, April 12, 2015

Bradley Eyes and Eleanor Loves Aunt Abby


You have to be careful what you say to a three year old. A few days ago I tenderly told Bradley that he had my eyes (in every other way he is the spitting image of his father, it's nice to have something that I can look at that is a Mommy contribution) and this piece of information did not go over as anticipated. I had to comfort him after his initial shock and horror at this piece of news and told him that his eyes were in fact his own eyes but they just matched Mommy's eyes and wasn't that nice? He didn't seem too happy about it but I thought we had moved on until today when out of the blue after naps he told me that he wanted his eyes back and I had his eyes and he had my eyes. I tried to do a pretend funny trade or two but he was not to be pacified. Then, the poor cat wanted to be let out of his room and I told Bradley to open the door for Sookie so she could get out and he refused. Not delighted to have to get my 9 month pregnant self off the floor unnecessarily when the boy was right by the door, I told him I wasn't going to trade eyeballs with him if he didn't open the door for Sookie. He still refused and I got to follow through on my threat after I hauled myself up and let the poor cat out of the room. No eyeball trade. Upset little boy. These are not the conversations I envisioned when I found out that I would be a Mommy.

And here they are when I took a video of them to send to Daddy at work. So cute.

Nathan's sister Abby is here and we are so happy to have some help with the children before and hopefully after baby Patrick is born (we are rooting for him to come earlier rather than later). However, I'm not entirely sure she knew what she was getting herself into.
Abby is allergic to cats but Layla wants loves and is willing to wait as long as it takes for the loves to come. Also, Eleanor is tweezing Abby's nails here ...
Eleanor LOVES Aunt Abby and Aunt Abby deserves every ounce of that love after putting up with having her hair pretend blow dried for a full 30 minutes the other night.

And Abby was also instructed to wear Eleanor's pink hat at the park while she pushed Eleanor on the swing. Eleanor is a girl who knows what she wants.


So much joy over this. Note the death grip on Abby's hair.





We know when Eleanor really likes something because she'll say "mo gan!" over and over (more again). She does this when she wants to slide off the ottoman and land with her head on my legs ... on repeat. This is my calm child. Bradley does the same thing with Nathan but he does more of a trust fall where he flings himself as far as he can as hard as he can and Nathan has to catch him so he doesn't hurt himself. Mommy has decided that this gets to be a special father son activity and I play a much calmer version of this game when it's just me.

Bradley and Nathan may or may not take up fishing together after a recent trip to Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead. They caught a fish! But Bradley may have my attention span and attitude when it comes to fishing and was disappointed that we didn't eat the fish and got bored about about 10 minutes.

We also got to pet some cows and goats

But the cow bench was more popular than the real animals.

Cowbells may be even better. Loud noises!

We had a very good time and Bradley cried when we left so I think we'll be going back again soon!

Bradley has his own little saying these days, especially when we're trying to get him to use the bathroom before leaving the house. We'll say "Bradley, we don't want you to have an accident, why don't you make a pee before we leave?" and we'll hear back "Nono, I will PROMISE" or "I made a PROMISE" and then he'll assure us that no accidents will occur. He promises. He also continues to smile/grimace and tell me "I so CUTE" whenever he wants something, which I love so much. It has a pretty high success rate in getting him what he wants.
Here he is telling Eleanor to take a rest during breakfast, which was promptly obeyed. Cute boy gets his way!

No comments:

Post a Comment