Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Kisses and Hand Holding

Bradley has been into kisses on the mouth lately. We don't have anything against people who like to kiss their kids on the mouth but we're more into cheek kisses with our little ones. Well apparently we make smooching on the mouth look like too much fun when Nathan comes home from work. Because now Bradley is WAY into mouth kisses.

 
He's also into hand holding during meals. His hands may be very messy when this happens but Daddy doesn't seem to mind.


I've been getting back into running lately! I'm supposed to run a 5K in about 6 weeks so I'm finally running again after about three years off. I don't know how to ease back into things so I generally feel like I'm going to die after each run.
Teaching Eleanor that a pre run beer is an excellent way to go about fitness. I also had post run ice cream. Honestly, I want my kids to learn to enjoy food and enjoy some kind of athletic outlet. Forget crazy diets. Eat well and run around and you'll be just fine.

Bradley's current favorite athletic endeavor is jumping in his crib. All this and he still hasn't climbed out on his own.

I could feed my children literally anything if I threw it on the floor in small pieces and maybe tossed a little dirt on it. Eleanor motors around the kitchen looking for crumbs or pieces of fuzz on the floor and jams everything she finds into her mouth indiscriminately. And watch out if you give her access to something forbidden, like the dishwasher. I've tried to load dishes when she's across the room and she motors over, pulls herself up, and starts grabbing at dirty spoons as quick as 1-2-3.
She also likes to push her way around while holding onto the walker that a friend lent to me. She's very proud of her walking skills!

She also likes to chase after Bradley, a somewhat dangerous proposition at times for a little girl who probably doesn't want to be tackled repeatedly.

Bradley requests shows by their bad guys these days. He was shouting "howc howc" the other morning and I finally figured out he was saying Hook from Jake and the Neverland Pirates. He also really likes the Disney Silly Symphony for The Three Little Pigs and requests that by saying "bad woof". I think we should be concerned.
Much cause for concern. Mommy leaves the room and we like to do adorably naughty things!

Bradley makes nursing with Eleanor entertaining. He will come over and lay his head on Eleanor and howl with delight when she grabs at his face. I read that by 9 months nursing is supposed to take about 5-10 minutes tops each time and that is NOT the case with us.
Sometimes you just need to contain the children. How is Eleanor SO cute?
 I just love how much they are little buds. Bradley loves copying Eleanor and vice versa.

We're having a blast on our park trips. Bradley is so hilarious these days. This was his reaction when I kept scooting next to him while he was trying to eat his snack at the playground.

And on the way back he kept asking for my hand as he was walking. I don't know if you can tell in this picture but I have a huge smile on my face. I love it when my little boy wants love and cuddles!

I'm not the only one who is a sucker for all things Bradley these days. 

Bradley had just woken up from a nap and come downstairs in the picture below and when I told him to cuddle up next to his daddy he immediately snuggled in. If there was one way to make sure Daddy had a perfect weekend, this was it.

We're looking forward to Bradley's upcoming second birthday this next weekend! Hard to believe it's already been two years. So thankful for our sweet little guy! And for his wonderful little sister. And our three incredibly needy cats. Such a nice little family we have!

No comments:

Post a Comment