Thursday, July 4, 2013

Bradley + Eleanor = Love

What better way to start another blog post than another bunch of Eleanor photos.



She has a little bit of a protruding sternum. Apparently you won't be able to notice once she fattens up a bit. I have already have this thing about wanting my babies to be fat, like I need another reason to be a bit of a fanatic when it comes to feeding Eleanor. Skinny legs also make my baby feeding impulses go crazy.
We are just loving this little girl up. And sad to say, I think we're enjoying infant Eleanor more than we did infant Bradley. We're much more relaxed and are able to go with the flow a bit more. Which is really nice because that means we aren't neglecting our sweet Bradley boy as we give lots of love and attention to the new addition. And Bradley is going through a HUGE Daddy phase anyway, he likes me but he adores Nathan and wants to be with at every opportunity. I don't blame him, I'm a big Nathan fan myself!

I think it helps that Nathan is certainly Mr. Fun. He was able to make sure Bradley didn't miss a single swim class after Eleanor was born. Bradley had a lovely time with his new friend Lucy!



Getting out of the pool. Bradley hates to use unkind words, but what a dumb part of a class that's supposed to be about swimming.

Bradley is so cute.
And also this: Bradley helping Daddy put beer into the mini fridge. Both of my boys were far too delighted to do this together.
And if anyone is jealous with the arrival of baby Eleanor, it's me and Nathan being jealous of the kisses Bradley now gives to Eleanor every chance he gets. He had never kissed anyone before and we're not really sure how he decided to start kissing her in the first place. Maybe he saw Nathan and I kiss her. Regardless, Eleanor is now thoroughly hugged and kissed whenever Bradley is around. Nathan and I will now ask him for kisses but he doesn't really seem interested in giving them to us. I think we've both managed to coerce one kiss out of him but it's been tough work. However, he'll happily kiss the kitties ... I am NOT cool with the kitties ranking higher than me on the kissing scale.


I think this photo is the most accurate depiction of Bradley and Eleanor's current relationship

Eleanor is being fussy in this picture. Super Bradley loves her anyway.

In theory, it's really sweet to have both of your children on your lap at once.
Sweet children with their daddy
However, if one of those children is super cuddly Bradley then you have to do some work to let him love up on his little sister without crushing her with his giant and surprisingly heavy head.
So. Much. Love.

My turn with both of the kiddos!

We caught Bradley this morning running into Eleanor's room to rock her little bassinet while at the same time leaning over and trying to give her kisses. Lots of mmmm mah sound effects. Super adorable, but we're going to have to watch him.

Bradley not only loves Eleanor, he loves all the baby items that are for her now. What a stinker.

I'm really enjoying having a summer baby. It's kind of wonderful to get to see so much baby skin on a regular basis.



And my recovery from childbirth has been great except for my inability to sit still. Nathan is really bossy and says things like:

Are you seriously making a cake four days after giving birth? Stop carrying Bradley around. Now is NOT the time for you to sort through all of Eleanor and Bradley's clothes. You're refusing to take any Ibuprofen because it's wimpy? You had an epidural during labor, this seems like not as big of a deal.

Such a silly boy. And then when I'm finally laid up on the couch because I feel terrible and I can't understand why after I was feeling so good earlier in the day he's genuinely sympathetic and brings me water and Ibuprofen. I love this man. I should go make him cookies as a thank you ...

But I really am feeling like I'm back up to 100% now. And I'm greatly enjoying getting to go on outings with Eleanor!

Bradley seems to really like finally having a backseat buddy on a regular basis
Our friend Fatima helped me take Bradley to the park a few times this past week and I have to say that it's pretty fun to have someone ask you how old your baby girl is and get to tell them 9 days. You get a good reaction. It's sunny and I don't want to be indoors. Neither does Bradley. Eleanor has some of her best naps at the park, it works out great for all involved.

This video was taken right after we had gotten back from one of our park outings. Bradley really likes Eleanor but I think it made him a bit nervous to not see Mommy or Daddy for most of the day for a couple days so he's been sticking rather close lately. I'm feeding Eleanor while this AMAZING Bradley display took place.
Don't worry, there is yelling almost constantly after the 30 second mark. What a kid. And if it seems like the video ends rather abruptly it's because the excited boy was whacking at the pillow two inches away from the infant's head.

Bradley is SO so SO much fun these days. As of yesterday he has started saying uh ohhhh for just about everything. I knew he was awake from his morning nap today because I started hearing uh ohhhh's coming out of his room. When he combines this with pointing at things he wants he's pretty irresistible.

We're afraid that our little girl is not going to take to a pacifier, we've tried a few times but she mostly just makes faces and spits it out. It's been so convenient to be able to give Bradley a pacifier when he's tired or upset, this may be a big change of pace for us. However, in the meantime she's absolutely fine with sucking on Nathan's and my pinky fingers. Our child has a taste for human flesh. I told Nathan this and he told some friends that we were calling Eleanor our little zombie baby. Um, NO, no we are not.

Mmm pinky!
Nathan's one complaint this time around is that he doesn't get to cuddle with the infant through every nap. I'm not too distressed that he doesn't get to do this because the following ALWAYS happens. 
Conscious Nathan with sleeping child
Literally five minutes later.
Our new friends and neighbors have been so great with this whole new baby business. We feel very fortunate that even with the move we have plenty of support. Bradley went next door to play with these neighbor kids the other day, I don't know who had a better time (this is a video from when Nathan was around to get out the sprinkler for them to run around in with Bradley)


And here is some Eleanor fashion! I put her in this first outfit mostly to mess with Nathan, except it backfired and he thought it looked adorable. Perhaps because she looks like a baby ballerina!


Auntie flower themed outfit courtesy of my Aunt Diana. Eleanor loves it!

And thank you to my friend Jennifer for sending us this adorable onesie for Eleanor. She loves it, she loves both the kitty onesies you sent us. A mother can tell!


Our little family! Both Eleanor and Bradley were very tired and you can really tell that our usually happy Bradley boy is not his cheerful self in this photo. However, we're all in a photo together so I call it great success! My parents will be here on a visit starting tomorrow, hopefully we can get more family photos while they are around. Can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Ugghh! I want to hold her so bad! She is adorable and the tutu is fabulous! Lots of hugs and kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Bradley and Eleanor are so adorable together!

    -Danalynn

    ReplyDelete