Monday, September 3, 2012

5 Months Old

Bradley turned 5 months old last Thursday! To celebrate, I took him to our nearby park for his first swing ride! I think he liked it ...

 
He kicked his legs and happily hollered a bit, I'm going to take him to the park every day if he keeps this up!


 Note the amazing new hat courtesy of our friend Jeanne Moore. Too too adorable!


Then some cool big kids showed up and things got even better! Bradley grinned even more when there were other children to watch and listen to.



Bradley and Friends


And here are our friends Christine and Jeanne spending some quality time with Bradley after bringing over some awesome presents for the baby!

Bradley loves to be surrounded by the ladies

He looked beyond adorable in the hat, although it took a little while for him to get used to it.
It's fashion, kid. It's not supposed to be comfortable.
He also showed off for Christine and Jeanne by eating solid foods in front of them and then having a very solid poo a few minutes later. One minute he was playing on the bed, the next minute Jeanne was asking why my son was turning purple. In all fairness, it was more of a deep red ALL OVER his face. The poor child. And then we laughed at him. Worse and worse for sweet little Bradley.

Revenge

Bradley can give as good as he gets though. All he has to do is have a loud juicy burp in my ear after I've fed him and I have a mini heart attack. Only Nathan has gotten spit up to the face so far though, huzzah for Mommy!

He is also already turning into a bit of an imp. At 5 months! Once I put him in his high chair he hollers at me until there is food in his mouth. And if that food happens to be distasteful to him, like spinach or peas, he'll eat the first bite I sneak to him, grimace and perhaps gag, and then keep his mouth firmly shut for the next spoonful while grinning at me. I grin back at the little imp, act shocked, and ask him why he doesn't want to eat his delicious spinach. He just keeps grinning at me with his mouth closed tight until I bring him something more reasonable, like applesauce. I'm pretty sympathetic about these things really, I still think many vegetables are gross and I'd rather eat applesauce myself given the choice.

Parenting

This is a picture of great parenting in action. Yes, that's Daddy letting his child hold his beer. Child likes this.
Look at those eyes
But he does this with anything we hold up in front of him, we tested it out with a salt shaker the other day. We just don't take pictures with the salt shaker.


We just got back from a weekend away at Coeur d'Alene visiting Nathan's family, soon there will be a blog post sharing our adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment